Huntington Beach, CA – It’s been quite a month for Tax Cheat Harley Rouda whose losing streak reached new heights this weekend. In the last month, his own party has called him out for lying, progressive groups have highlighted his racist ads from last cycle, and just this week the media exposed he broke federal law again for failing to disclose stock transactions made during the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In case anyone needs a refresher on Tax Cheat Rouda’s month of losing…
- Business Insider this week exposed Rouda for once again breaking federal law by failing to disclose stock transactions he made in the midst of the pandemic last year. Rouda’s excuse? Blame members of his own family.
- Last week, Rouda lied to his supporters claiming he doesn’t take corporate PAC donations. But, the fact is Rouda is a prolific taker of corporate PAC money via his favorite former colleague, Nancy Pelosi.
- Rouda was caught by local outlet, The Patch, for spreading lies about Michelle Steel.
- A far-left progressive group called the Tax Cheat out for running racist ads against Michelle Steel in 2020.
- As first reported by National Journal and later other outlets, Rouda actually forced the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee to spread lies about Michelle Steel that somehow she was the “QAnon Congresswoman”…despite DCCC pushback noting its falsehood, Rouda insisted they include it in a smear press release.
“The last month of headlines continue to remind Orange County voters why they kicked Tax Cheat Rouda to the curb last cycle – he’s a liar whose only goal is raising taxes,” said Michelle Steel Spokesperson Lance Trover.
Rep. Michelle Steel represents California’s 48th Congressional District, which covers most of the Orange County coast and includes all or parts of Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Midway City, Fountain Valley, Aliso Viejo, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, Laguna Niguel, and Westminster. Michelle Steel is a first generation Korean-American who believes in the promise of America and has worked as a tax-fighter in Southern California for decades. She was elected to Congress in November 2020 and sits on the House Committees on Education and Labor and Transportation and Infrastructure in the 117th Congress.
# # #